The mission of Sri Mata Hindu Temple of Winston-Salem is to provide a place of Hindu worship, to provide services to perform various poojas/sevas and to preserve and promote Hindu traditions and cultural heritage.
Sri Mata Hindu Temple
The deities in Sri Mata Hindu Temple of Winston Salem are in the Panchayatana layout with Sri Mata in the center (with Sri Saraswati to her right and Sri Lakshmi to her left), Ganesha to the South West, Aditya to the North West, Balaji to the North East, and Shiva to the South East.
June 7th, 2019 marked the Prathistapana of Sri Mata Hindu temple. It marked four years of prayers, planning, fundraising and the hard work of lots of volunteers. What started as a dream is now a temple, designed in accordance with Agama Sastras (ancient scriptures relating to temple building). From very humble beginnings, the temple has been growing and Friday May 29th, 2020 marked first anniversary of the temple Prathisthapana. The temple is a thriving spiritual, religious and cultural hub that is serving the community of Winston-Salem and the Triad.
- April 1, 2013 Mata arrived for First Maha Yagna
- April 13, 2013 First Lalitha Sahasranama Maha Yagna
- May 18, 2014 Second Lalitha Sahasranama Maha Yagna
- October 03, 2014 Announced Temple Dream during Navaratri
- November 1, 2014 First donation received
- April 2, 2015 Land acquired
- May 24, 2015 Lalitha Maha Yagna
- June 11, 2015 Bhoomi Puja
- October 10, 2016 Foundation Ceremony
- April 23, 2017 First Annual 5K Temple Run
- September 20, 2017 Certificate of Occupancy received
- September 30, 2017 Grand Mata Jagran
- October 1, 2017 Daily Worship Schedule started
- April 21,2018 Second Annual 5K Temple Run
- July 4,2018 Lalitha Maha Yagna
- October 13, 2018 Grand Mata Jagran
- April 20, 2019 3rd Annual 5K Temple Run
- June 5 – 9, 2019 Prana Pratishtapana Mahotsav